The type of information we collect
The types of personal information we collect will vary depending on the nature of your dealings with JPD. In general, the type of personal information JPD collects and holds includes your name, address and contact details and any preferences you tell us about.
How we collect your information
How we use your information
JPD’s use of the personal information we collect, and your consent to us using your personal information, includes JPD:
- operating and improving our websites, products and services
- providing you with news and information about our products and services;
- providing you with more effective customer service;
- enabling us to conduct customer research;
- making the websites, services or products that form part of JPD easier to use;
- performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- verifying your identity;
- you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- using personal information as otherwise required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
We may state a more specific purpose at the point we collect your personal information.
We also use your personal information to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone.
Opting Out / Unsubscribing
Non-Disclosure of Personal Information
Security of Personal Information
Personal information collected by JPD may be stored and processed in Australia or any other country in which our hosting partners maintain facilities.
Updating Personal Information
JPD will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. JPD encourages you to contact it as soon as possible in order to update any personal information it holds about you. The contact details of JPD’s Privacy Officer are set out below.
You have the right to check what Personal Information JPD holds about you. Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to obtain access to any personal information that JPD holds about you and to advise JPD of any inaccuracy.
To make a request to access any personal information JPD holds about you, please contact JPD’s Privacy Officer in writing as set out below. JPD will require you to verify your identity and specify what personal information you require.
How to Contact the JPD Privacy Officer